Been struggling with your writing goals?
Writing prompts can help trigger your thought and get you writing again when you are stuck. They can give you a new situation to put your character in or add fresh direction to the plot. Here are a few writing prompts to help you finish the month strong.
- Add this to a scene: a huge fire,
- Add an explosion somewhere in the scene. And remember–an explosion doesn’t have to be what you think at first. It might be something a little different.
- Use these words in your writing: crazy, half-baked, sympathy, score, jump, insinuate, love.
- Let something terrifically good happen for your character as you write.
- Have your character meet someone new.
- Use something from the news in your writing.
- What is the worst thing that could happen to your character? Let it happen.
- One good kiss scene, that’s all we ask. Write it out. Have fun.
Have fun with the writing prompts.